Problem accessing the webcam with Google Chrome
There is a new problem when using Flash in Chrome. It can happen that the webcam cannot be displayed even if you allow access in Flash. We are noticing the problem with Chrome version 28.0.1500.72 when using Flash version 11.8.800.97 (although it might affect other versions as well). The problem is that Chrome now requires allowing access twice to the webcam: once in the Flash application (so in the Nimbb Player) and once in a message under the URL bar of the browser. The second message is not very visible, making it easy to miss. If the user somehow clicks "Deny" in the second message, then it will not be able to access the webcam unless going into the Settings of Chrome to solve this.
To solve the problem, do the following steps:
- Open Chrome
- Open the URL "chrome://settings/" (or in the menu, click Settings)
- At the bottom of the page, click "Show advanced settings…"
- Under the Privacy section, click "Content settings…"
- Under the Media section, click "Manage exceptions"
- In the list, make sure that the URL "nimbb.com" is not denied. If it is, click the little "X" to remove the entry from the list. If you don’t see the entry, it is fine. Click OK to close window.
- Close Chrome and re-open it.
- Open http://nimbb.com/Video/Record.aspx
- On the Nimbb application, click "Allow"
- A second message is then displayed at the top of the page (under the URL bar). Click "Allow" there.
- The webcam now works.
This is a known bug in Chrome.